Mexican French Sandwich
This is a scrumptious filling for sandwich’s, empanadas and burritos.
- ½ cooked chicken or about 3 cups that has been lightly salted and shredded
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 25g of blanched almonds
- 25g of raisins
- 1 mulato chili that is peeled, seeded, devined and presoaked
- 2 pasilla chilies that have been peeled, seeded, devined and presoaked
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise for bread
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 whole clove
If you are making sandwich’s you will need to:
- Spread the mayonnaise on one slice of bread and spread the butter on the other slice
- Sautee the chilies with the rest of the ingredients apart from the chicken in butter or a little cooking oil.
- Season with sugar and salt
- In a blender mix your sautéed ingredients until it is a paste. Do not add the chicken yet.
- Now you can add the chicken and combine so that the chicken is coated.
- Use the filling in a burrito or sandwich.